Raw Persimmon Tart With Date Walnut Crust
DATE WALNUT CRUST Ingredients
1 1/2 cups walnuts
1 cup dates, soaked in hot water and drained
¼ cup almond flour
2 Tbsp Artisana Organics Walnut Butter
Pinch each of cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin pie spice
PERSIMMON TART Ingredients
2-3 Fuyu Persimmons, thinly sliced
1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
1 cup ripe Hachiya Persimmion, skins removed
- Add all crust ingredients to a high speed blender and pulse until you have a sticky crust. Scrape down the sides as needed to recombine.
- Line a pie or tart pan with parchment paper or lightly grease with coconut oil. Spread the crust mixture into the pie pan in an even layer with sides to form your crust. Place in the freezer to set while you prepare the filling.
- Cut the top off your Hachiya Persimmon and scoop out the jellied fruit with a spoon. Add to a high speed blender with a bit of maple syrup and blend until you have a smooth paste. Slice the Fuyu Persimmon and set aside.
- Remove the pie crust from the oven and spread the Hachiya persimmon spread onto the crust. Top with sliced Fuyu persimmon. Add back to the freezer for 10-15 minutes to set.
- Remove from the freezer and serve immediately. Refrigerate for 4-5 days and freeze for long-term storage.
8-12 Servings / 20 mins Prep Time / 0 mins Cook Time / 20 mins Total Time
Also in Recipes
November 29, 2018